Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Come Live With Me And Be My Love

Come live with me and be my love,

And we will all the pleasures prove,

That Valleys, groves, hills, and fields,

Woods, or steepy mountain yields.

And we will sit upon the Rocks,

Seeing the Shepherds feed their flocks,

By shallow Rivers to whose falls

Melodious birds sing Madrigals.

And I will make thee beds of Roses

And a thousand fragrant posies,

A cap of flowers, and a kirtle

Embroidered all with leaves of Myrtle;

A gown made of the finest wool

Which from our pretty Lambs we pull;

Fair lined slippers for the cold,

With buckles of the purest gold;

A belt of straw and Ivy buds,

With Coral clasps and Amber studs:

And if these pleasures may thee move,

Come live with me, and be my love.

The Shepherds’ Swains shall dance and sing

For thy delight each May-morning:

If these delights thy mind may move,

Then live with me, and be my love.
- Christopher Marlowe 

A lovely poem, isn't it? The title is 'The Passionate Shepherd to His Love', and it was written in the mid-to-late 1580s by Christopher Marlowe. After taking photos of Roawenwood's release for The Gacha Guardians and sitting here looking at an empty blog post, the first line of this poem sprang to mind, and I thought it would be a nice addition to this post. 
Roawenwood's release is called 'Say You Will' and is a lovers' proposal set with a pallet style couch, two tents in either white or stripes, various lanterns, candles, rose petals, trees, a vase, and a lovers' dance heart. As all of this is meant for an outdoor proposal, you can see how my mind tied it in with a shepherd's passionate plea to his love (or if you don't, obviously shepherds spend a lot of time outside!). 

If you haven't had the chance to go through The Gacha Guardians, I highly recommend doing so, as there as some very nice things out there, and you have the chance to get special prizes at the end. If you are interested in learning more while there's still time, visit the website here, or just click the name above to go to the starting point at Bella Gacha. 

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!